Apr 18, 2011

been gone

The past couple of weeks have been very busy, which has unfortunately taken precedence over my blog posting, but I'm back!  I don't even know where to begin... In the wake of my exhibition I took a quick day trip out to the desert.  We drove through the Anza Borrego Desert, walked around Julian, ended up at Salvation Mountain and Slab City,  then drove up the Salton Sea to arrive at the lovely Bombay Beach.  Took the faster route home along the boarder, which took us through a boarder patrol check point.  After a quick glance into my vehicle they decided that we were not smuggling anything illegal and let us pass... phew!


After making it back home and a day at the beach (got a sweet watch tan to prove it), I was again in preparation for my show.  My mom came into town a few days before and was a tremendous help.  She did some sewing for me and prepared all the snacks for the opening (with the help of Courtney).  Thanks!  She also brought some old photos of me, which I have scanned for your viewing pleasure.  This was my cat Bernie.  If you look VERY closely, you'll notice that these are actually 2 different cats.  My family tried tricking me by getting another orange cat and naming it Bernie, luckily I was to young to notice.  I also loved wearing Mr. Potato head glasses.


And here are some installation shots of my show.  (Photos by Rizzhel Javier).  Thanks to all those who came out for the opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment